How to Request Funding
Each quarter we will consider nominations for causes in our community that need funding support. To nominate a group/individual for consideration, you must be sponsored by a member of the 100 Women Who Cares Moab. If you do not have a sponsor please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are already a member and want to sponsor a person/organization, please email, email@example.com with a description of the organization and how the money will be used.
Guidelines for Nominations
- All nominees should meet the following criteria:
- Be located within a 50 mile radius of the Grand County Courthouse in Moab, UT
- Not be politically affiliated or religious in nature
- Be a local chapter. Funds are not permitted to be used towards any causes or organizations outside of the immediate (50 mile radius) greater Moab area.
- A nomination form or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org must be submitted a minimum of 5 days prior to the scheduled meeting in order to be considered..
- An active member of 100WomenwhoCareMoab must submit the nomination.
- All causes that meet the criteria above and who have not received funds within the past 12 months from 100WomenWhoCareMoab will be considered.
- If there are more than 3 nominees submitted then only 3 will be blindly drawn from a hat for verbal presentation at the meeting.
- Active members may present one cause per quarter. The member agrees to provide a 5 minute presentation about the cause and why it should be funded by the group that evening.
- The member may invite a guest to answer questions from the group.
- Members are only permitted to present one cause that directly benefits themselves in a calendar year.
- Each member agrees to support the wishes of the group with her financial contribution, regardless if she supports the mission of the nominee or agrees with the selection.
- Members present at the meeting will decide how the funds are allocated. The group may decide to split the funds. These decisions may occur through discussion and consensus, and/or anonymous voting where majority rules.
- In order to keep the focus and funds within our community, national charities will not be considered, however, local branches of national charities are eligible for consideration. The purpose is for 100% of the contribution to stay in the Moab area and impact Moab community members. The individual/organization receiving funding must agree NOT to use the members’ names for future solicitations, nor give the information out to the public.
- A member may re-submit a funded nominee for consideration again after one year has passed.